Friday, June 1, 2012

Hahaha

Today was a pretty bad day in the gym. But not bad in an angry way, more bad in a funny way. I still did pretty well on my strength stuff, but I was out late last night at a gymnastics gym with some friends, running around and flipping and whatnot, and had pretty much NO gas today.

This is cool though

Started with benching 180 for sets of 3. It was going pretty well on the minute, until I got to set 8 (last month I just barely got this set, then had to rest extra to get set 9). This month, I just barely missed the last rep of this set. So, I rested a few minutes, re-did set 8, and then rested a few minutes more and hit set 9. Although I wanted to keep doing these Chaos and Pain bench workouts on the minute for as long as I could, I think the time has come that the weight is just getting too heavy to do them on the minute. So, starting next week, I'll just try and get through all 9 sets as fast as I can - but with the focus on just getting all the reps, rather than any specific rest period. Hopefully, this change will mean that I can continue doing these Chaos and Pain style workouts for a LONG time without having any trouble. We will see.

So Jaime, It's the end of me doing your workouts on the minute. Lets see where they take me now

Next up was 5/3/1 overhead press, but unfortunately this is where "Im fucking exhausted" set in. I just felt like shit, was moving slow, and resting like 10 minutes between sets. It was bad. Hit 105 for 5, then 120 for 5 and almost passed out for whatever fucking reason. Then, hit 135 for 5. It would have been nice to get it for 6, but honestly I'm not going to complain about 5, especially on a day where I 1) feel like a bats asshole and 2) do a SHITLOAD of heavy pressing beforehand. I worked back down, and hit 120 for 6 paused reps, and 105 for 8.

Next were pendelay rows, which were complete shit. Did 3 sets of 10 at 185.

Then, Dumbell bench. Did 3 sets to failure with 50's, think I hit 16 or so on the first set.

Finally, ended with kroc rows. I actually psyched up pretty well for these, and hit a set of 35 each side with the 90's. Considering I was pretty tired, this felt like it hit my back pretty hard and I was happy
with it.



Overall, not a great day, but my heavy benching and heavy pressing went well so I can't really complain. Looking forward to some big cheating today, hopefully that will help re-fuel me significantly for tomorrow and (more importantly) next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment