Sunday, June 3, 2012

Run

Had a nice little run today. Without warming up, I ran a distance that is just about a half mile - if I'm keeping myself completely honest, I think it is just under a half mile, just so I don't feel too content with my times. I timed this first, easy run (I'd say it was at about 65), and it was 3:45. Then, I warmed up properly, did some dynamic stretching and rested up for 5 or so minutes, and ran the same distance pretty hard, I would say 90 - 95%, and got 2:55. I'm pretty happy with that - that tells me that my half-mile time is probably just over three minutes, which is pretty damn good. It made me feel like I should get to work on hitting a 6 minute mile soon - If i can do a half mile at 6 minute pace, why not a mile? I thought up a progression - next week, i'll do 3 400's at 6 minute mile pace. Week after that, an 800 and then a 400 at 6 minute mile pace, then the week after a 1200 at 6 minute mile pace. Obviously, I will have to add more weeks in based on how hard the three 400's feel, but maybe I will try (running only once a week) to get my mile time down to sub-6. If I could tie my mile PR running no more than once a week, 30 lbs heavier and significantly leaner than when I originally did it, that would be amazing. But mayeb I'll change my mind, I'm not married to the idea yet. We will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment