Saturday, June 23, 2012

Squat and Strongman

Today was a cool day.

Squatted up heavy. Form felt okay, not perfect, and felt pretty strong, not amazing. Hit 135, 225, 275, then 315 and felt like my head was going to come off. Hit it for another single that moved faster, so then I went up, hit 325 for a single, and then went for a second single - but I sank a little too low into it and lost tension and really didn't have much of a shot at it.



Next, did a quick little strongman/conditioning type metcon - Jerome and I set up a prowler, loaded to 275, and a tire, about 25 meters apart, and simultaneously crossed the distance, switching our load (tire or prowler) every time, until we had done both implements 3 times. It was a hard and fast little workout - first time I have ever really used the prowler - but it was fun and felt pretty good.

Anyways, nice little workout. I'm taking full advantage of my cheat and trying to rest up, to get back to work on monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment