Friday, June 29, 2012

Hard benching

Today was a very solid but very hard training session. Normally, Chaos and Pain benching feel great, but today it was HARD. Still, I worked my ass off and did well.

This back was on T Nation the other day... holy shit. I want it. 

Warmed up, then hit my first set of 195 x 2. It wasn't easy but wasn't too hard, and I tried to hit the second set pretty quickly - and THAT was hard. I rested a bit, hit the third set, and t that point I was starting to worry that I might not have all 9 sets in me that day. BUT, that doesn't really matter - so I focused up, rested as needed, and just kept hitting the weight until I got to 9 sets. I tried to only rest as much as needed, and not waste time, but I definitely erred on the side of caution today. Still, I'm just happy I made it through all 9 sets. That is a lot of weight moved... assuming my max is 210, that is 18 reps at 92%.



Next was 5/3/1 pressing. Hit 100 for 3, then 115, then 130 for 8, which is pretty cool. Then dropped back down, hitting 115 for 10 paused reps (also very cool), and 100 for who knows how many paused reps.

Next up, bent over rows. Used 135 today, for 3 sets of 12. These feel pretty good and I get a little pump from them, but I feel like these could be harder. Maybe I'll switch it up next week.

Next, did the same pushup-wod type thing I did last week - 10 pushups every 30 seconds for max rounds (the goal being to get 10). I went a little wider this week, closer to my bench grip, but I also was a litttttleee shady on the depth - I like my chest to touch every rep, and it didn't today (although it was close). Still, I made it through a whole extra round, getting 7 sets instead of 6, and even did 4 reps at round 8. Next week, I'll try and hit the floor every rep and see if I might be able to get as far, or even push through round 8.



Finally, wanted to do some pulling to finish the workout, so I just grabbed the 135 again and rowed it for one big set, hitting 30 reps with some body language and an ever rising back angle haha. Still, gets the job done.

Nothing better than back

Overall, A nice day. Looking forward to my cheat tonight/tomorrow. And waiting in fearful anticipation for next week. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment