Saturday, June 9, 2012

Strong Squat

Today was a very strong day.



Slept like shit. Pretty much I was running on coffee this morning, but I wanted to squat to a max, so I just took it a rep at a time. Hit the bar for a bunch to warm up. Then 135 for 10, 225 for 5, and 275 for 2. My strategy today was to do a few more reps at those warmup weights then I normally would, because I think my squat strength and technique is improved when I feel out heavy weights for a few tougher reps. Hit 275 for another single. Then belted up and hit 315. It was tough but I wanted to try and hit 325 again and I figured I had it in me, so I went for it. It was a hard but solid rep. rested 5 minutes, then tried it again and hit it even easier than the first one. I was psyched, and almost called it there, but then said fuck it, threw 335 on the bar, and hit it. It was a tough rep, but I got it. Very happy with that ten pound PR. My strategy of getting that 325 for 4 or 5 days in a row worked. Now, I'm going to have to work on getting comfortable with 335 before I push heavier.

Excited for rest and running tomorrow, and then MORE SQUATTING. Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment