Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Heavy Bench day.

Realized how funny it is that I titled this post "heavy bench day," because technically I have three of those a week now. Also, three heavy squat days a week. Hahahaha. Anyways, today was  a pretty good day, with one bad thing - I tweaked my neck while overhead pressing, which was no biggie, until after my last set of pullups, where I dropped down and immediately was hit by a headache so intense that I was writhing on the ground in pain for about 3 minutes. It was pretty horrible, but I'm pretty sure I just had too much tension in my neck - that coupled with exhaustion/strain on that last set just set my brain off. Don't think it's anything to worry about, but MAN did that suck. HOWEVER, other than that it was a pretty good day hahaha. 

Wow, HUGE fucker

Started with bench. Didn't feel great today, had trouble getting the bench and bar in the right position, and it was throwing my setup off at first. Hit 145 for 3, then 170 for three, then loaded up to 190 and was pleasantly surprised: hit it for an easy three, then a hard fourth rep. And honestly, that 4th rep was SLOPPY for no real reason: I just kind of got out of the groove and had to really work to get it up. However, I think if that rep had been cleaner, I would have moved it nice and fast and might have even attempted a 5th rep, that's how good the first three felt. This is a pretty cool thing, considering last month I only got 185 for 4, then last week I only got 180 for 5. Tweaking my setup a little and making sure I'm not dizzy under the weight really makes a difference. 

Next, I rested a shitload, then started my 5 x 10 bench at 135. It went even better this week: keeping to the 90 seconds rest, I got 4 sets of 10 and then on the final set, got 9 reps. Wish so much that I had been able to get that final rep, but it's okay; gives me something to work for next week. 


Next, rowed the 110 dumbbell for 30 reps each side. This was good, not exactly all out, but pretty hard and blew up my back. 

Next, overhead pressed 115 for max reps (9), then 95 for max (9) and then 75 for max (12). Tweaked my neck, like I said, but overall these felt good, although pretty hard cause of all the benching. 

Finally, did 3 sets of kipped pullups. Went hard on the first set, and got 20 reps, then 15, then 12 on the final set, before I was crippled by shooting brain pain. 


Overall, a pretty awesome workout. I'm excited to max bench tomorrow. Fuck bitches get money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment