Monday, June 4, 2012

275 squats

Today was an awesome day. Felt like an animal, fucked shit up, and was very happy with my workout. 



Started with 5/3/1 squats. Hit 3 reps at 215, then 3 at 245. Both sets were solid, but my weight was shifting a little forward for whatever reason. Anyways, loaded 275 on the bar and hit it for 10 reps. It was a very solid set. Had a couple rough reps, one in particular where I came really forward and was very quad dominant, but overall it was a great set and I may have had a rep in the tank, although it would have been close. This is pretty awesome: 275 was my 1 rep about 6 months ago, and my 5 rep about 3 months ago. Even though my "Max squat" has been floating around 315 - 325 for the last couple months, this sort of insane progress on my heavy rep stuff shows me that I am getting much stronger. I've just got to keep at it, and by the end of the summer I'll rest up and have a REAL test of my max squat. I'm very excited - 365 is a VERY lofty goal, but who knows what could happen. 

Next up were speed deads. Did these at 245 today off the floor for 10 sets of 2, and they felt awesome. Moved nice and fast. 265 is going to be tough and slow, but that's kind of the point. I'm excited, I think these are very good. 



Finally, did my squats with 185. Felt like an animal doing these today, hit it for 4 sets of 10 and then a 5th set of 17, which wasn't even that horrible. Last week this weight was pretty tough, so I'm happy I FUCKED this up this week. Ended with 3 sets of 30 reps of ghd situps. 

Overall, great day. I'm thinking maybe I'll take it a little easier next monday, I'll try and hit 290 for 4 or 5 instead of pushing to a max. But then again, who knows how I will feel in the moment? We will see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment