Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Have Filled My Heart With Hate

Today was the angriest day I think I have ever had lifting. So much hate filled me today. I wanted to kill everyone and destroy everything.


Started with squats. The second I picked up the bar, I got a shooting headache again. Not as bad as tuesday, but pretty painful. It made me incredibly angry. I squatted the bar for 4 or 5 warmup sets to work on the new way I am holding the bar, on keeping my core tight and not throwing my head back, and to let the pain subside. Then I started working up. 95, 135, 185. 225 for 3, then 1, then 275 for a single. Then 315, and finally 325. The 325 was tough, but I got it. It was hard enough though that I didn't go for a second single. Maybe saturday or next week.

My hate grew. squatted 225 for 3, then 255 for 3, then 285 for 3. Hit 285 for another 1, then went up to 305. hit it for once, then missed on the second rep. Re-racked the weight, hit it for 2, then barely missed on the third rep. I've never hit any weight over 300 for more than one rep, and I've rarely ever squatted that heavy without a belt, so the fact that I hit that 305 for 2 after everything I'd done, and with no belt, is pretty cool.



After that, my hate subsided a little. front squatted up slowly, hitting 135 and 165 for a few, then 185 and 205 without a belt. missed 225 twice without the belt, then put it on and destroyed that weight. Went up to 235, but I missed that pretty bad, and decided to call it a day.

Finally, ended with three sets to failure hanging leg raises. I'm going to make my core bulletproof with these and hollow rocks.

Overall, a good day, but full of rage and hate. I hate that my head hurts for no reason, and it needs to stop. I hate having to think so fucking much about my squats, because it takes away from my ability to do them well. I need to just fucking fix these problems so I can focus on getting stronger. And I hate fucking front squats.


Side note: thinking about trying a heavier 5 x 5 on monday, instead of continuing doing the 5 x 10. This will help me focus more on individual reps, which hopefully will improve my squat technique while still having a good bit of volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment