Friday, June 15, 2012

Awesome Workout

Today was an awesome day. I really cannot explain why this week has been so up and down - monday and thursday I was strong, but felt like shit. Wednesday I was weak and felt like shit. And tuesday and today I felt awesome and had the power of a thousand suns. But whatever.



Started with bench today. 200 for 9 sets of 1. And I fucked it up. The first rep felt incredible. Went up to rep 6 with no problems, and then said "fuck it" and turned up the intensity. Started hitting the reps with very little rest, and went past 9, hitting 10, 11, and then 12. Those last 6 reps were all within a 4 and a half minute period. Pretty awesome. I haven't felt that amazing doing ANY lift in a while.

Next, had to overhead press. Even though I'm resetting those weights, I decided to finish off the cycle by trying to hit 150 today, which would tie my old pr. I wasn't sure if it would happen though, because of the extra benching I did. BUT, hit 120 for 5, 135 for 5, then 150 for 1 with NO problem. Instead of repping it, I put 155 on, and hit THAT without much problem. Then racked up 160 and just couldn't quite make it. Still, 155 is a new pr, which I am VERY happy with after all the pressing I already did. Here's the video



After that, Did some bent over rows. These actually felt really good - did 95 for 10, 115 for 10, then 135 for 2 strict sets of 10 and then a final, less strict set to failure. Felt good.

Finally, super-setted pushups to failure and sets of 10 kipped pullups for 3 rounds. Hit 30, 20, and 20 pushups. These feel solid, but honestly I wish I had a bit of an easier time with them. Pullups weren't hard, I wish I could have pushed them more, but I was on the verge of another bad headache so I took it easier. I think maybe I need to just weight these and do less reps? I don't know. I'm going to have to experiment.



ANYWAYS, owned the bench today and got a strict press PR. Very cool. Looking forward to recharging with some binge eating and rest this weekend, and coming back hard on monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment