Friday, August 17, 2012

Upper Body

Today was a solid upper body day. Slept well last night and had a good day in the gym.

Started with Chaos and Pain bench. Hit 95 and 135 for a warmup, then straight to 175. The ten sets of 3 were very strong. Not easy, but not too tough at all, which is right where I should be at this point. I tried to move through them pretty fast, and did well.

Next was 5/3/1 Press. hit 100 for 5, 115 for 5, then 130 for 7, which is only one off my PR, and after 30 heavy reps that's pretty solid. Then I dropped back, and from a dead stop hit 115 for 8 and then 100 for 9.



Next, I did snatch - grip pendelay rows, 3 sets of 10 with 115. I liked them okay. Gonna keep playing.



Next, pushups, sets of 10 on the minute for 10 minutes - a little easier than what I have been doing, but I figured I'd take it back a little. It was still fuckin hard. I made it, but I had to break up the last 3 or so sets, and my form was less than perfect. I wanna make it through all ten with beautiful form and without breaking them up. Hope it happens soon.

Finally, did 3 sets of 10 kipped pullups. Still feel these a lot in my lats. With I had my Lat pulldown, but soon enough I will.



So, good day. Excited to squat tomorrow. Lets do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment