Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bench

Benching was a little annoying today. Started with 5/3/1 bench, but the equipment here is differrent and tough to get used to. There are little problems, like where I need to set my feet and keeping my butt on the bench, but the biggest problem is the rack height. I either have to set it an inch to low or a little too high, and since high isn't an option, I have to do low and put a lot of energy into unracking it. BUT I'm going to play with the higher setting, and either way I will adjust eventually.

Hit 155 x 5, then 175 x 3 and finally 195 for 2. the 10 x 1 is going to be interesting if I don't quickly adjust to the new equipment. We will see. Next, did 175 for 3 sets of 2 paused reps, and finally 155 x 9. Not a great day on the bench, but not awful either.

Next, did kroc rows, palms facing in, using momentum. 90 x 25 each side.



Next, overhead press went really well. hit the bar and 95, then did 135 x 3, then 150 for 5 singles. I tried for an extra rep on the last set and couldn't get it. Then I dropped back, hit 135 for 3 x 3, then back up to 145 x 1, ALL from a dead stop. I need to be careful not to breathe and squeeze my butt together and create elastic energy. But I made sure not to do that for the 135 x 3 x 2 and the 145 x 1, and it didn't feel harder.

Finally, did neutral grip chins - a set of 7, 6 and 5. Hopefully these won't bother my elbows, and they will help my chinning ability.


No comments:

Post a Comment