Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bench return

Today was another alright day. Not great, but good. It's a little frustrating to come back to lifting and have to get my form back and feel shitty. Plus, I'm adjusting to not having carbs in my body, and since yesterday was my first real training session in a while, I used up all my sugars and felt like AIDS today. But it's okay. I'm getting it back, and hopefully the second half of the week will be better.



Started with bench. My work weight were 135, 155 and 175 today. I felt for sure that I would get a PR at 175 (either 8, 9, or 10 reps), but taking time off made me shittier. I also had a tough time feeling very tight. Hit 175 for 7 (slightly sloppy) reps, failing on the 8th. I was pissed at first, but it's okay - I really think it's simply a product of having taken time off. Hopefully next week, 185 will go better.

Next, dropped back to 155 and hit it for 3 sets of paused reps - 3, then 4, then 3 reps. These felt solid, again a little loose, but not bad. I'm not really planning on pushing this middle set too hard, just trying to get a feel for the pausing. After these three sets, I dropped to 135 and hit it for a set to failure - again, not as tight as I wish I was, but not horrible. Got it for 14 then called it. Hopefully ALL of these things will go better next week.



Kroc rows were good. Rowed the 90's for as many strict reps as I could - around 25 - then used more momentum, doing 35 each side. gonna start rowing them with my palms facing inwards to make these a little harder.

Strict press was good. Did a big pyramid of dead stop reps, tried to move my grip out a tiny bit (which feels weird), but I think it might help in the long run. If I hate it though, I'll just switch back. did 95 for 8, 115 for 5, 135 for 3, 145 for 2 singles, then back down the ladder. The 145's were tough, but do-able.

Finally, ended with pullups. Moving pretty quick, I did 3 triples, 3 doubles, and 3 singles, but repped out the last set for 3. Felt good.

HAHAHA this is funny

Overall, not an AMAZING day, but maybe my expectations were a bit too high for my first day back. Excited to have a day off tomorrow, and a cheat (in about 20 minutes), and to come back hard thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment