Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Arms and other things

Figured out my issue with the bench today. There are two types of bench at the gym - one is about an inch higher than the other, and if I use this sort of bench, my setup is FAR more comfortable, and I can use the higher setting (6) on the power rack, which allows me to unrack the weights without any issue. I hit the bar, then 135 x 5 in this manner, then jumped straight to 195 and hit it for a solid triple. Problem solved.

In addition, I did some stretching for squats, including sitting in the bottom position with 125 on my back for 15 - 20 seconds at a time, and then later various calf/ass/hip stretches. I think saturday I might play with doing a heavy paused single.

Finally, did some arms. I've found that doing curls where I keep the weight really tight to my bidy, with my scaps locked back, seems to hit my biceps really well. I did a set of 15 with 10's and 20 lb dumbells,  then did 3 sets of10 with 25's, and then drop sets to 20 and finally 12.5 to near-failure.

Doods. 

Getting adjusted and feeling strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment