Thursday, August 30, 2012

Heaviest squat.

Today was my heaviest squat day of the cycle, It went really well, but my ass is now incredibly sore.

Frank McGrathmaster

Started with Chaos and Pain. Hit the bar, then 125. Jumped to 205, but still felt a bit stiff so I hit 255 for a double before jumping to 285. Overall the C&P squatting was good. There were a couple tough reps, but only one of them was REALLY bad (I lost tension). The rest of them felt pretty solid and nice - I kept my heels planted and my chest up, and a few reps in particular were REALLY nice.

Next was front squatting. hit 160 x 5, then 180 x 3, and finally 200 x 5. That's nice, and the reps were all solid. My chest dropped a little on 4, but I fought it on 5. Then I hit it for 3 more singles.

Wow. HUGE legs. 

Next, deadlifts felt AWESOME. hit 205 for 2 fast singles, then ripped 285 for a few. Then went up to 315 and hit it for 3 singles. couldn't have taken more than a minute or so rest between them, and my back felt flat for every rep. Breathing at the top seems to make a big difference. Might try to push these up to 325 soon. Maybe not next week, but soon.

Gotta love heavy deadlifting

Finally, ended with 3 x 12 hanging leg raises, supersetted with back extensions.

Great workout. Next week the volume returns, which will be hard, but hopefully I have grown from this heavy stuff, and I'll be able to move the lighter weights for a lot of nice reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment