Monday, August 27, 2012

Heavy squat

Started today with 5/3/1 squat. Worked up fast and efficiently, without much stress, and it went very well. Hit the bar for 2 sets of 10, then 125 for 10, then straight to 225 x 5 and then 255 x 3. Then I went to 285. I approached this a little tentatively, lowering with a lot of control and probably a bit slower than was ideal, but I managed to hit rep 1 solidly, rep 2 well, and then moved rep 3 a little smoother and got it. 3 reps at 285 is nice. The weight is coming back onto the bar. I think I will leave my 5/3/1 work be for now, hopefully my strength will continue to grow (faster than the weights increase). Either way, 3 reps on 1 week is not bad.



Next were speed deads at 285, no deficit. I did these taking a breath at the TOP, instead of right before I pulled, which felt awesome. 1, it made me feel more stable, and 2 it forced me to do my setup quicker, which I think made the weight move faster. These were really good, I'm excited to start doing them from a deficit.

Next, 5 x 5 at 215 was great. Solid, fast reps. Tried to work on fluidly connecting the down and the up. I'm getting better at it. The chest still drops every once in a while, and my weight still shifts forward every so often, but Im getting it.

Next, superset of hollow rocks and back extensions. these were tough today.

ALSO - weight on first day of this semester, in the morning was 192.5. Gonna weight again at the end of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment