Thursday, August 9, 2012

Max bench

UNFORTUNATELY today was not the best day. No biggie really, my bench historically sucks ass after a long beak. A PR would have been nice, but I'm not stressing it too much.

Pretty much hit the bar, 95, 135. Started feeling really good at 155, then hit 175 and 195 for a sick single. But then I attempted 215 and just didn't get it. I even tried a second time, but that was even worse than the first. It's aright though. The reset of 5/3/1 and the changes to my programming will hopefully keep pushing me forward. Here's a vid of the 195 and the 215 F





After benching, I put on my brand spanking new oly shoes and did some work on my high bar. The form is looking good. Weight didn't feel easy, but the reps were solid. I'm thinking I might work up to a max on saturday, see if it's at all comparable to the max I just did. If not, I may need to lower my 5/3/1 work even further. Here's some videos of that.

It's going to be a journey. But I am on the path. It's just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment