Sunday, April 21, 2013

Stupid little workout

Had a stupid little workout saturday. I didn't really feel like doing my normal shit, so I just Did whatever the fuck I wanted to.


Started with some strict press, to feel out the form changes I made, and it went well. Kept everything really nice and strict. Hit 95 for some reps, then 135, then 165, then 185 x 1 that was pretty easy. Then, went up to 200 and threw on the belt. Missed it pretty bad. Went back down to 185 and hit it again beltless, a lot harder this time.

Next, did some clean deadlifts - oly shoes on, and used a hook grip. Pulled 205 for some reps, then 285 x 2, then 325, 365 with ease, and finally pulled a tough but very solid single at 405. I feel pretty good about that. I may have had a few pounds left in me, like 415 or even 425, and that was a) in only shoes, b) without my normal dynamic start, and c) without a belt. Man, I really want to crush my deads the next few weeks and hit 475 when I max out. A friend of mine just hit it, and it makes me ITCH to get that weight as well.

Anyways, nothing too crazy. I'm feeling odd lately. I am itching to be better. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment