Friday, April 12, 2013

Good upper body day

Today was a solid day. Felt good for no particular reason haha.

Started with bench. Warmed up, hit 95 and 135. I really focused on arching tighter than I have been, and it felt awesome. Went up to 185 and hammered it for the first set of 10. I got a nasty ass cramp, but it was an easy 10. Second 10 was also solid, but the tenth was a little bit of a struggle. So, I rested a lot for the last set, but STILL missed the tenth rep. I even tried to touch n go it and it just didn't happen. A little frustrating but overall that is a good day benching.

Strict press also went well. I was a little tired out. Hit the bar, then 95 for warmups. Then 125 x 5, 145 x 5, and finally 160 x 7. Not bad, but it was a shitty 7. Form just felt like ass. And the bent bars are really hurting me. But whatever. After, hit 145 and 135 for really strict sets of 5 with very little rest.

Finally, did 2 x 20 lat pull downs with 100lbs just to get some pulling in.

Overall, solid day. Better than most of the week. I felt like ass though. My stomach has really been hurting me in the mornings. I may start playing around with skipping breakfast and see how I do. We will see. Anyways, lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment