Thursday, April 11, 2013

Legs

Today was a straightforward day. Nothing cray, took it a little easier on squats in the hope that I can recover a little this week.... I'm a little sick with some kind of chest cold though, and I have a crazy weekend coming up so I'm a little bummed. But anyways, decent workout.

Started with squats. Warmed up, hit the bar for 10, then 135 for 10, 6, then 225 for 8, then up to 275 for 8. Not a joke, but pretty straightforward and easy.

Next, front squats went really well. I hit 135 for a warmup set, then 185 x 3, 215 x 3, and 240 for 3 x 3. Weight moved really easy on the first set. Second two sets were harder because I went through them really fast, but still pretty easy.

Finally, deadlifts went really well. Started with 125 and limited my rest, hitting a set every 3 minutes. hit 125, 205 and 285 without problem. My back wasn't quite warmed up and 365 felt a little shitty on my lower back especially, but still moved well. So, loaded up 405 and hit it for 3 singles. All of them moved smoothly and fairly fast. Back felt a little shitty and a little round, but it probably wasn't bad at all, maybe a little rounder than normal. Either way, hitting those 3 reps with 3:00 rest is pretty awesome. Maybe I'll do this one more week, for 4 or 5 reps, and then maybe go up to 415. We will see.

Anyways, overall pretty good. life is fucking crazy right now. I'm sick, I have a ton of schoolwork, I have a lot of shit to do with my acapella group, and recovery/focus on training is gonna be tough. But I will just have to do the best I can, take it a little bit easier when in doubt, and I will hopefully keep making great gains right up until my mock meet. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment