Thursday, April 18, 2013

Great Squat Workout 325 x 6

Today was a great squat workout. Felt like ass going in, but I did great. Very happy.


Started with squats. Warmed up, hit the bar, then 135 x 10, 6, then 225 x 8. Then went to 275 and hit it for a solid set of 4. Didn't feel perfect, but it was very solid. So, I loaded up 325 and rested a good amount. Went after it cooly and confidently, focusing on a solid unrack. Weight felt light and moved really nicely. I hit a VERY solid set of 6. I would say I definitely had a 7th, and maybe had an 8th rep in the tank, which is pretty awesome. Definitely a confidence boost. I am feeling VERY excited to start hitting heavier and heavier squats, and feeling ever more sure that I am going to hit my 405 goal.

Next, front squats went great too. Form was so solid on the back squats that I went straight into the front squats. Hit 195 x 2, 225 x 2, and then 250 for a fairly easy 3 sets of 2. Not cake, but very solid. I definitely could have done a triple on pretty much any one of those sets. Quads are growing strong. Also, the running I did yesterday didn't hurt my joints nearly as much as usual. Maybe I am just getting in better shape, or maybe the longer, slower jog is better, but I felt just as springy and explosive as usual, which isn't always the case. Very happy with that.

Finally, fucked my deadlifts up! I was really looking forward to these, and I kicked ass with them. Started a timer, and pulled once every 3 minutes. Started with 245 x 1, then 315 x 1, then 365 x , then went up to 405 and pulled it for 5 singles on the 3 minute. All smooth, all pretty fast. Definitely could have done quite a few more if I needed too. Form was awesome too - back flat, hips low. Secret is to be crazy fast and aggressive in the setup, but also be SURE to push my shins forward enough so tat they contact the bar. Anyways, these were a blast. I can't wait to shred 455 and go for broke on that last attempt. 475 is a very very fantastical dream.


Anyways, great day. Hopefully I won't feel like shit tomorrow haha, but even if I do I just need to keep my head up. Keep working hard, take advantage of the good days, and don't let the bad days shake my confidence. Just 5 more weeks! Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment