Thursday, April 25, 2013

Squat 335 x 6

Today was a very decent day. Definitely a little tired out from mondays record-breaking workout.... but had a great session nonetheless.


Started with squats. Hit the bar x 10, then 125 x 10, 6, then 205 x 9 with a nice long pause on the last rep. Loaded up 265 and hit it for 4, and it didn't feel too great - first sign that maybe there was some lingering fatigue from monday. Loaded up 305 and hit it for a double, same deal. Not bad reps and not too hard, but it just felt tougher than a good day would have. A little slower out of the bottom, and I hit the sticking part a little harder than normal. But, I loaded up 335 and went after it. Again, first rep wasn't nearly as fast as it might have been on a great day, but the first three were still solid. Hit a nasty sticking point on rep 4, but I made it through, got the 5th rep, and then took some big breaths and hit 6. IT wasn't as pretty as it could have been, and it moved mighty slow, but I got it. 6 reps at that weight is a solid PR, and I will most certainly take that, especially on a day when I wasn't 100%.

Next up were front squats. Again, didn't have much pop out of the bottom and I was hitting sticking points pretty hard at times. hit 215 x 3 and 240 x 2, then 265 for 3 triples. The first rep and the second were solid, but not easy. At no point did I think I might fail either rep, but as my friend Arron said "those look like they hurt"haha. However, for whatever reason the third one was much smoother and easier than the first two. Maybe I just found the groove, but it was fast and smooth, and I stayed more upright than on the first two. Pretty good stuff.


Finally, Deadlifting went really well too. Threw 265 on the ground, pulled it for a quick triple and then a single. Went straight to 365 and nailed it for a single, then threw on 415 and hit it for 3 great singles with a good bit of rest between them. They weren't especially fast or easy, but they were very solid, my back was nice and flat, so that's all very good.

Overall it was a good day. Didn't feel great, but I still managed a great workout, so that's pretty awesome. Hopefully tomorrow will be solid as well. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment