Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Run and Arms

Today I took it pretty easy, but also had a fun little workout.

Again, didn't eat breakfast today. Just coffee. I even didn't protein shake at all before my workout, I trained fasted and only drank my shake after, and felt fine. I am REALLY loving this carb-backloading style of eating. I only hope that I start to see some progress with either body comp or body fat loss soon. If I'm stagnant, I need to be a little more extreme. But if I'm lucky, the simple manipulation of WHEN I am eating will be enough to elicit a change. We will see.

Tryna get lean

Anyways, got to the gym and did a quick warmup, ten jumped on the treadmill. Walked a quarter mile, then started running at around 5.5 mph, and maintained between that and 6 mph for the rest of the mile, ending at around 12 minutes. Those 8 mins or so are probably the longest I have run in a while haha. BUT, it felt good! Not too hard, my breathing was good, didn't get a crazy leg pump. Hopefully I'm slowly getting in better shape haha.

After, went to the dumbells and decided to do something I haven't in a while - poundstone curls! grabbed some 10's, and curled them for a set of 100. It hurt haha, but felt good, gave me a nice pump. I don't know if I like these as much as with the barbell though, something about the fixed barbell seems to force you to use your biceps more, even on the later reps. I think maybe I'll keep at these though. Such a good pump.


Anyways, nothing crazy today. Hopefully I will be able to kick some ass tomorrow! I'm feeling excited and optimistic. I need to be precise and focused tomorrow. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment