Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Little running day

Today, I ran a little. Toned it down from last week, to be more about facilitating recovery and improving work capacity, and less about running really hard. And it went really well.


Warmed up, then jumped on the treadmill. Basically, I alternated walking and running every 30 seconds for 8 rounds, fluctuating between about 3-3.5 mph and 7 and 7.5 mph. Felt a lot better than last week, partly because it was certainly less difficult than last week, but also I think I am already starting to adapt. Didn't get any leg or butt pumps, my form was a lot better, and I didn't feel WAY worse on the 8th round than I did on the first. Plus, running at that 7-7.5 mark showed me that I was running WAY faster outside. That was my estimated speed, and it was FAR slower than last week. I was probably running at like 9 + MPH last week, at around 85% top speed or so. I will take that back to around 70% next time I run not on the treadmill. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better than last thursday, and the running will have FURTHERED recovery rather than hindered it.

Finally, did some light rep work for arms. supersetted straight bar curls with straight-bar extension movements (one laying down, one overhead). looked like this:

55 lbs for 15/20/15/20
Then 45 for 20/20/20/20

Nice little pump, nothing crazy.

So, good day overall. Gonna keep at the running, slowly but surely. Can't wait to kick ASS in tomorrows workout. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment