Friday, April 5, 2013

Massive Upper body Day: 185 bench 3 x 9

Today, I felt massive. So much upper body pressing. It's going well. Nothing crazy, but all good.


Started with bench. Warmed up, hit the bar, 95, and 135 for warmups, then loaded up 185. Basically, I just tried to focus better on being tight and moving the weight fast and smooth as possible. It went very well. First set of 9 was tough, but I probably had a 10th rep in there. Same with the second. Third set went well, I moved fast and efficiently. 9th rep was tough, but good enough that I went for a 10th, and just couldn't get it. A little bit of a bummer, but hey it's one rep more than last week, and progress is progress.

Next, strict press went well. I wasn't feeling that great cause mu triceps were exploding from the benching. But the weight felt pretty light today. Hit the bar, 95, then straight to 140 x 5, 155 x 3, and finally 175 x 3. It was a very solid triple. Probably would have failed the 4th rep, but the third was NOT incredibly hard. Really happy with that! It's a PR, nothing earth shattering, but I think the fact that I can still PR on fridays, after SO much benching and tired triceps, means that I am getting seriously strong. After, backed off and hit 155 x 7 and 140 x 9.

Then, hit 2 x 15 kipped pullups. Real easy.

Last, just did some curls. Again, strength seems to progress very slowly for my bench... sso my thought is, maybe if I just get bigger my bench will go up faster haha. Anyways, hit the 20's for 15, then 25's for 15, then the 20's for a set of 20 and my biceps were exploding.


Overall, good solid day. Some quality benching, a little strict press PR even when exhausted, and some pullups and curls to help me grow. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment