Saturday, December 1, 2012

Bench

Had to miss a few days of blogging because my schedule has been crazy, so I'm going to try and make them all up now.

Thursday was C&P bench. I hit the 215 for 10 x 1 with really no problem. One bad rep was it, and it was still pretty solid. On set 10, I did max paused reps and got 2 tough but solid reps. Really happy with that. And, afterwards, went up to 225 and hit it for a very tough paused single. Not half bad considering everything I had just done.



Next, strict pressed. 135 x 5, 150 x 3, 163 for max reps and got 3, which is a cool little PR. Then, hit 150 x 5 paused reps, and 135 x 8 paused reps.

Finally, I was short on time so I just did a bunch of bodybuilding stuff - a ton of upright cable rows, cable flies, and seated cable rows that blew up my back, chest and biceps.

Overall, felt awesome, really happy with my bench progress and with that 165 x 3 strict press.

No comments:

Post a Comment