Wednesday, December 19, 2012

New bench PR

Today was yet another PR day.



Did some close grip pause benching today. I really like the way it feels, and it allows me to go heavy without taxing my recovery much at all. I hit the bar, 75, 95, 135, 185 x 4, then 215 for a single. I got a handoff on the 215 - something I NEVER do, and it felt totally weird. So I took it again taking it out myself and was able to focus better and crushed it. SO, I jumped up to 230 and nailed it. I won't say it was easy, but it was really solid. It's pretty sick to hit a new 1 rep on the day after heavy benching, with a close grip. After, dropped back to 185 and hit it for 3 x 3 paused reps.

Finally, did a set of 85 curls with a straight bar. Ouch.

8th PR workout in a row. Sick. And the fact that I got that 230 today means I should be able to get 235 next week. Lets hope. And lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment