Saturday, December 1, 2012

Press PR

Today I crushed strict press.

Because I squatted yesterday, I decided to just warm up, stretch and press today, and I destroyed it. I warmed up slow, hitting the bar for 3 or 4 sets of 5 or 10 reps. Then I hit 95 for 5, 5, and 3, then 135 x 3, 2, and 1, then 155 x 2, 1, 1. Then 16w5 x 1, 175 x 1 which was really nice, and finally 185 for 2 sets of 1. It wasn't even that bad... my left arm was lagging behind my right, but the weight still moved fairly fast and smooth, and my form was good. I just focused on imagining that it was still 95 on the bar, and tried to move it as explosively as I would 95 but without amping up too much, and I really did well.

As if hitting 185 x 2 x 1 wasn't enough, I then dropped back to 135, rested, and hit it for a max set of paused reps - 11. My old PR at that weight, paused OR touch and go, was 10, so that's another PR. really awesome.

A 185 strict press is a huge milestone, and that is 30 lbs I have put on my strict press in only about 4 months. Really pretty crazy, I'm proud of myself and totally excited about that lift. I'm gonna keep working my ass off and hopefully keep getting PR's. Lets stay healthy, lets work hard, and lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment