Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Arms Day and CGBP

Today was a good little day



Started with some close-grip paused bench. Just cause. I didn't go quite as close as last week, I opted to just move my hands so that my pinky was wrapped around where my index finger normally wraps. So a good 3-4 inches closer each side. I liked this better than the other close grip. It's decidedly closer than normal, but feels more natural. Anyways, hit 95, 135, 165, 185, 205 for an easy single, and decided to go straight to 225. I ended up smashing it, which was awesome. Went up to 230 and got pinned haha. I really thought I had a shot, but 1) I think I got a little loose taking it out of the rack, and 2) It was just fucking heavy. Still, a bit much to expect a PR right after a heavy bench workout AND with a much closer grip hahaha. Very happy crushing that 225, and getting excited to max out. I hope it's not a disappointment haha. I always have a rough time max benching. But even if it is, no worries. I know I'm way stronger now, that's what's important. The maxes should be all fun.

Anyways, did some straight bar curls before I left, 10, 10, and 80 reps. they hurt, but felt good.

Cool day. Gonna try and recover, sleep a fuckload today, and enjoy my hardddd workout tomorrow. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment