Friday, December 14, 2012

Another great training day

Today was another great day, even though my head was all fucked up from the horrible news of the shooting in Newtown today. That's right in my backyard. People are fucked up, and the world is a very dark place sometimes. I did my best to carry on though, and did alright despite being very upset.

Bench was good. crushed my 15 x 2 at 205, felt a little loose and achey throughout the sets, but even my worst sets were easy. On the 15th set, paused it for a set of 4.

Overhead press was great as well. destroyed 125 x 3, 145 x 3, and then hit 160 x 5 for a new 5rm/PR. then, dropped back and hit 145 x 9 pause reps, another pr, and finally 125 x 10.

Did a shitload of cable rows, sets of 12 at 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, and 150 lbs.

Tried to do some incline benching, but I hated it and will never do it again. Instead, I just did 3 sets of 8 overhead press with 115, mixed in with my 25 pullups to finish the workout off. My hands were killing me, and I didn't realize how much that was hurting my pullup sets until I started using straps again today.

Anyways, rough day emotionally and mentally, but the 4th straight great workout where I hit PR's. Lets rest up, and lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment