Friday, December 28, 2012

Deadlift Max (435)

Today was a sick day. Even though I was away the other day, didn't sleep or eat as well as normal, and spent a ton of time in the car, I kicked ass today.

Started with 135, and just moved it for a bit to get my muscles warm, banging out a couple sets of touch n go reps. THEN went to 225 and was ripping it for 5 singles. Ripped 275 x 3 singles, then 315 moved really nicely too. Threw on the belt, and RIPPED 355. Felt like my head was gonna explode hahaha. Then, took 385 for a first attempt, and again ripped it and my back was in really nice position. Loaded up 415 for a PR attempt and nailed that as well - a little bit hard, and my back started to visibly round, but it was still a very good and solid rep.



 SO I went up to 435 for my third attempt and nailed it. It was very hard but very solid. Back was round, but unlike my 405 in august where I shot my hips and then cranked it up with my back, I used my hips MUCH better even with the round back which made for a much more efficient pull. I still have a bad habit of shifting my knees under the bar, which can sort of look like a hitch - BUT this rep was smoother than that one. Still need to work on that issue, but overall this max was a lot better than the last max.



SO that's a 30 lb PR, and an official 85 pound PR as far as total goes. Awesome. In the next couple days, I'll try and type up a quick post about my new cycle. This has been a great few months, and I'm hoping to make the next few months even better. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment