Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hardest Workout Ever.

Today was probably my most difficult workout ever in terms of weight used, sets and reps. But it was really awesome.
This man looks awesome

Started with Chaos and Pain squat. Last 15 x 2 for a VERY long time! Warmed up and got started with my 315. It was moving really nicely. Almost all of the reps were really good, with a few exceptions where I got caught a little bit forward or let my chest drop - especially on the last 2 sets, they were ROUGH. But overall, really incredibly happy with this, not a single miss out of 15 doubles. Really and truly, I am stronger than I have ever been.

Next, Front squats actually went really well. I hit 3 at 185, 3 at 210, and finally 3 at 235. That's pretty nuts, considering that 235 was my belted and MUCH fresher 1rm on front squat when I started. Very happy with a triple at that weight. However, I went up to 245 after and SHOULD have smashed it, but failed instead. I just left front squats at that for the day - 235 x 3 is an awesome PR, and I was just too tired out to really keep going after heavy singles.

Finally, deadlifting actually went awesome as well. My hands and my legs were beat up from squatting, but I ripped 205 x 3 x 1, 265 x 2 x 1, 305 x 1, 335 x 1, and then hit 365 for a really solid single. Back felt really flat, and even though it was a hard and slow ass rep, I got it, which is awesome. Tried for a second single, but it just wasn't there. No worries though. Hopefully I'll be able to crush at least 2, maybe even 3 nice singles at this weight next week. We will see.


Overall, awesome day. Heavy as fuck on all lifts, and some serious PR's and hard work to be proud of. One more workout this week, then the home stretch - and honestly, next week should be a blast compared to this week hahaha. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment