Saturday, December 1, 2012

Squats

Friday was a great leg day. 



Started with 10 x 1 squat at 325, which went really well. My head was totally right. I just kept calm, and focused on each rep as if it was light weight. - Walked it out, took a huge breath, sent my hips forward and crushed it. Form really felt good, and the reps were all very solid. 10 was the only bad rep in terms of difficulty and form, and I still made it. Pretty awesome. Gotta keep focused and calm and I'm gonna be squatting a LOT very soon. 

Next, front squats went really well. hit 190 x 5 easy and 215 x 3 easy. 240 x 1 was a little rough, but then I CRUSHED 245 for a single. Form was just on point and I nailed it. I tried 250 twice, and just couldn't quite get it. Still, very happy to wreck my pr. I need to just keep at these, and keep working on my form. I have improved a ton, and will continue to do so. 

Finally, deadlifts felt incredible. I warmed up a little better, crushing 205, 285, and 325 before goign to 355. First rep was beautiful, fast and with no back rounding. The next two were harder and a little bit rounder, but really not much to speak of, which is awesome. I think I will do 355 for one more week, then hit 365 the last two weeks and try and get at least 1 or 2 singles with a nice flat back. I'm really getting excited to max on these, as well as squat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment