Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday Stronglifts

Today is saturday, and as such is a heavy/strongman day. I wanted to play around with log pressing today, but I actually couldn't find the log. So instead, I just squatted heavy and called it a day. And what a day it was.

Decided to make sure my form was perfect today, so I took every single squat rep slow and controlled. Hit 275 for 2 singles, then a third with the belt. Then I hit 295, then 315. A friend commented that maybe I was descending a little fast, but that he thought I could get more. So I went to 325, controlled it, and got that rep - hard but smooth. I should have called it then, but I decided to try for 335. It wasn't a bad miss, but I probably should have just been happy wiht 325. 335 will go up very soon though.

Overall, it was an awesome workout. I am psyched about getting 315 thurs then 325 today. definitely stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment