Wednesday, May 23, 2012

JM behind the neck extension shit

Today was arms day. I didn't want to bench this day, because I feel like my body needs some rest and so I wanted to avoid the compound movements. So instead I did a lot of bicep work and even invented(?) some strange movement.

Started with a slow warmup, then did some seated isolation curls. Did 15's for a warmup, then 5 sets of 12  reps with the 30's. These were hard, but felt pretty good. After the 5th set I did a quick set to failure with the 15's as well, and had a nice pump.



Then, I did this weird tricep.... thing. Basically, I pressed the bar to behind my neck, but rather than keeping my elbows under the bar, I jacked them forward like in a JM press, so it was wort of equal parts press and extension. It was a strange movement, but it KILLED my triceps. I think I'm going to start doing these regularly. Did three sets with 65 lbs and then a finisher set with just the bar.

Finally, ended with a superset of band curls and tricep pushdowns. Super pump.

It was a nice day. I think I'm going to avoid bench a little more on this day.... I think it will be less taxing on my other days, while at the same time letting me hit arms harder. I really want my arms to grow more, now that I'm leaning out I can see that they are a real weakness in my physique.

Wow, this guy is fucking creepy

No comments:

Post a Comment