Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hate

Today was a pretty good gym day, with some small setbacks. Overall, however, it was a very fun and powerful day.



Started with 5/3/1 benching. All my sets leading up to 185 felt really great, including 145 and 165 x 3. However, when I got under 185, thinking I would be able to hit it for an easy 5, maybe 6, I had a tough time. My setup was off, and cut off some bloodflow to my brain I think, because those first three reps were really fuzzy and difficult. After that, I tightened and focused up, but I remember thinking to myself "well, if you miss any of these next reps try not to worry about it, because you're a little fucked." I got rep 4, but missed rep 5. Honestly, I can't be too mad about it because I really think it was just a rough set, rather than a strength issue, but still it kinda sucks that my most important set of the day was also my worst set of the day.

Worked to make up for it with the rest of my workout however. 5 x 10 at 125 was much better than last week: my 5th set I got 13 reps, as compared to 8 last week. Next up, I FUCKED kroc rows up. I did them with a little worse form than usual, but I hit that 110 dumbbell for 30 reps each side, and my back was EXPLODING. Next was overhead press: I did 14 reps at 95, then 10 at 85 and 8 at 75. Doing them as a drop set was SO hard, and it fucked my shoulders AND my upper chest up. Finally, ended with kipped pullups, using the straps. The straps definitely reduced the elbow pain, they barely bothered me at all, and I did more volume than last week: 3 sets of ten and then a fourth set of 13 to finish my back off.

I don't think this is real. But I pray it is. 

So overall, I had a great workout - it's just sad that the set that I want to be the best turned out to be my worst.  But it's okay, I still tied my pr at that weight (4). And hopefully, I'll fuck 185 up with Chaos and Pain friday and then fuck 195 up tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment