Sunday, May 20, 2012

Running

Couldn't get to a track to run 400's today, so I did something a little different. It was good though


Started out with a light jog and then a full warmup. Then, I picked some hilly/grassy trail to run that is about a half mile, and ran it at a comfortable pace. It was definitely a slower and more controlled run than a 400, but the last 100 meters or so were a tough uphill, and I sprinted that, so I still ended up getting an ass/hamstring pump out of it and was breathing really heavy. HOWEVER, unlike last week I recovered much quicker from this run.

It wasn't exactly what I planned to do, but I think I'm gonna just keep running on sundays; nothing too much, just enough to facilitate recovery, to get comfortable with running again, and to slowly up my cardio. Just gonna keep the times/distances to less than ten minutes/one mile in total, and keep at it. We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment