Thursday, May 17, 2012

Exhausted

Today I am completely exhausted. But I had a pretty good day at the gym, which is the reason why I'm exhausted. So that's not so bad.

Started with heavy squats. I felt really good today, and knew from the beginning that I was going to squat right up to a near max, if not a new PR. Hit 275 for a double, the second rep of which was a little tough, so I went to 295 instead of 315. Nailed 295, then 315 went up pretty well too - well enough that I knew I would get 325. So, instead of trying for 325, I decided to jump the weight up to 335. I missed it, but it was a much better miss than last saturday. I was really close to getting it, but then needed help right at the very end of the lift. Gonna start doing some squat lockouts on saturdays after my heavy single to try and work through those high sticking points I have.

How 335 felt. SO FUCKING CLOSE.

Next, I dropped the weight back to 225 and started working up to a heavy three. I don't know why, but these always feel incredibly hard and bad after a heavy single. I hit 225, 245, 265, and then went for 285 - the second rep was crazy slow, so I just called it then instead of going for a third. I would have liked to get the triple, but 2 at 285 is better than barely getting the three at 265 last week.

Finally, dropped the weight back to 185 and did 3 sets of 10 good mornings. After the hard day squatting I felt pretty beat, and these were really hard, but I was happy to get through them. That's a lot of reps, and pretty heavy. Then, I finished up with 3 sets of 20 ghd situps.



Overall, It wasn't a bad day, though a little frustrating because I both missed the 335 and couldn't finish the triple at 285. Gotta remember though that this kind of hard work is really going to help me grow. That 335 is going to come very soon. But for now, I need to fucking eat and sleep a lot. I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment