Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Heavy bench and Arms day.

Today I benched up heavy again, because I wanted to feel out the slightly different setup I was playing with yesterday. I benched up to 185, and hit that for 4 reps without any dizziness. It was a hard 4, but that's not too bad considering how much I benched yesterday. It made me feel a little better and more optimistic about my benching future. Followed that up with some "behind the neck jm presses," which I still love and will be doing every arm day for eternity. Then I finished up with a ton of sets of 15 seated isolation curls with the 25's with 60 seconds rest. Nothing too special today, just basically felt out that new   bench position, then got a good pump, and that was that.

Side note: had the idea that maybe, on arms day, I should start with a heavy single bench, then after benching up to a max finish up my arms as usual. Might get me more comfortable under the heavy weights? And I've been liking squatting up to a max a lot, why not bench up to a max once a week too? just an idea, maybe i'll feel it out next week, see if I can recover and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment