Thursday, May 24, 2012

Exhausting heavy day

Today I am very tired, though I had a very good workout.



Started with heavy squats. Felt pretty good today. Worked up to 2275 without the belt. It flew up, so then I put on the belt and hit 315 without any problem really. Again, it was easy enough that I knew I would get 325, so I went to 335 and again, I just barely missed it. This one was really close - I really thought I was going to get it, then it just started moving down. After taking this weekend a little easier, maybe it will happen in the next week or two. I don't think I'm going to attempt it again though until I CRUSH 315. These last few attempts I've hit 315 without much problem, but I've had to work pretty hard. I think I'll wait until I really nail that 315 to jump to 335 again, and if 315 just feels good, not amazing, I'll go to 325 and just hit that for a heavy rep. Probably. We will see.

Next, I dropped back to 225 and started working up in threes; hit 225, 255 and then 285 for three, which made me happy because it was better than last week. I wanted to do more, but I knew i probably didn;t have 295 in me, so I went for 285 for another triple. I got it for 2 and just barely missed the third rep - I think more from sloppy form, although strengthwise it was really hard too. Either way, I wasn't too upset, because I already hit it for a triple.



Next, did some front squats. Hit 185 for 3 singles, then 215 for 2 singles. Then, put on the belt and hit 225, 235, and then missed 245 twice. Then, did a quick set of situps and called the day.

Overall, a good day. A lot of misses, which is very very exhausting. But, I hit 315 with no problem again and was even closer to a new pr, I got the 285 for three that I haven't quite been able to get these past couple weeks, and I tied my front squat pr (though I did it with a belt, that's still pretty good considering I already squatted to a 1 and 3 rep max). So a good day. I think I NEED to take saturday off though. This little break is coming at a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment