Sunday, May 6, 2012

Preparing

Today, I feel like I haven't lifted in a century. It's starting to drive me a little crazy. Even though I lifted last week, the workouts weren't too serious, and taking yesterday AND today off is making me very itchy. Luckily, however, my soreness is almost all gone and hopefully tomorrow I will wake up ready to go squat like a mothafucka.

Today, I just went to the gym for a bit to warm up, stretch, and do some "weightlifters cardio." Basically, short bursts of work (15-20 seconds) with about twice that much rest (30-45 seconds) for rounds. I decided to flip tires today (relatively light tires), and did 5 flips every minute for 10 minutes. It wasn't too hard, but got my blood pumping.

After that, I just stretched and worked on mobility a bit. I feel a little rusty, not having squatted in about 5 days (heaven forfend), but as I said, i'm excited to start my next cycle tomorrow, and with any luck 250 will feel great for reps.



I have prepared. Now, I RETURN

No comments:

Post a Comment