Friday, September 14, 2012

Upper body Explosion

Destroyed my workout today. Destroyed it.

Started with bench. Hit the bar for a few, then 95, then 135, then jumped straight to 190. The first couple doubles were a little shitty, but as soon as I got warmed up all the way (around set 4), I started crushing the weight. Every double was solid and easy. When I got to set 15, I rested a little extra, psyched up, and then hit it for 4 reps. Pretty fucking awesome considering I had already done 28 reps.


Next up was strict press. I was a little nervous because THIS week (145 on 3 week) is where I failed out of the progression last time, and had to drop back. But I demolished it. Hit 115 x 3, 130 x 3, then hit 145 x 5. Only problem was that I almost fucking passed out, and I barely remember the last two reps. Still, I demolished that weight. I can't believe I hit it for 5 - the ONLY other time I did that was last 1 week, and my bench volume was double that today. Then, I dropped back, and hit 130 for 8 paused reps and 115 for who knows how many paused reps. My strict press it really exploding.

After those two things, as always, I took it a little easier. Did 3 x 16 rows with the lat pulldown, mimicking my bench path. I love these rows, they are hard and I think they are gonna help me a lot. Did them with 130.


Next was the 10 x 12, on the minute, of pushups. tried to keep my form as nice as possible, but FUCK it is hard. Still, made it through... had to start breaking up the sets around set 7. Gonna keep at this, even though it's rough hahaha. Once I make it through this one full time, I think I'll switch to dips for a change of pace.

Finally, did some lat pulldowns. For sets of 10, pulled 100, 160, 170, 180, and finally 190.

Overall, an awesome day. I'm still getting stronger. I feel like everything is on track. Gonna eat a TON today and tomorrow, and just try to keep growing. Lets do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment