Monday, September 24, 2012

New Diet

I've been reading and thinking a ton about diet lately, and here's what I've come up with.



The keto dieting I have been doing has been great for fat loss, but I haven't put on much (if any) muscle. I love getting stronger, but I'm not nearly big enough to write off muscle gain. I need more mass, and I think I need carbs in order to put on that mass.

So here's what I'm going to do. Basically carb backloading. I'm going to eat 0 carbs until my workout, have a protein shake like usual, and then post workout eat as much protein as I can with clean carbs - Rice, sweet and white potatoes, some whole milk, wheat breads on occasion, etc. Basically whatever I want that is reasonably clean - not gonna jump into pizza and ice cream. Wednesdays and sundays will be pure keto, and saturdays I will keep as a full cheat, with whatever dirty foods I need.

Right now, I am sitting around 12 - 14 % bodyfat, and weight around 195 lbs. I'm going to try this new style diet, probably until December, and re-asses. If I'm getting fat, I know I need to stick with a stricter diet. If I'm getting huge and staying lean, I can either stick with this, or dirty it up more and experiment further.

I'm going to need to really commit to training my ass off, and really keep myself in check so that I don't start eating whatever I want whenever. I've learned a lot of discipline this past year, and I think I have a ton of potential. Lets see what happens.

LIFT HARD
EAT BIG
GET STRONG
GET HUGE

No comments:

Post a Comment