Thursday, September 13, 2012

Great squat day

Today was a great day. did my second 15 x 2 of all time. While it wasn't exactly easier than last time, I knew better how to approach it this time, and did very well.



Hit the bar , then 125, then 205, then 255 x 3, then got started at 280. First couple doubles were a little shitty actually... I was getting caught forward a bit. But I settled into the groove, and just kept at it. Just getting through all 15 sets without allowing yourself to rush, fail, or panic is a feat. I would say it took me about an hour to finish the entire thing. Form wasn't perfect, but I would say there were only really one or two really rough reps, where I maybe lost tension - and even those I managed to fight through. And, I hit 3 reps on the 15th set. Overall, very happy with all that work, and I know it is going to just help me continue growing and improving.

Next were front squats. I decided not to rep that shit out. I hate high rep front squats, they hurt and are not that useful. I did 155 x 3, 175 x 3, 200 x 3, then 200 for a single (which I almost passed out on), 205 for a single, and then jumped up to 225 and hit it for a pretty solid rep as well. Not bad, especially after 30 reps at 280 haha.



Finally, did some pulling. Ripped 205 for 2 singles, and new it was a good day for pulls. Hit 285 for 2 singles that also moved well, and finally hit 325 for 2 singles with a nice flat back. Not easy singles, but very nice form and after a TON of squatting.

Finally, did some hollow rocks and back extensions to finish it off.

Overall, a great workout. Thursdays are tough, and ESPECIALLY this thursday, but all I have to do is be patient and push through, and this insane volume is going to really pay off. Plus, I think before december I'm going to make huge gains on my front squat and deadlift too. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment