Thursday, September 20, 2012

Great Squat Day

SO, yesterday I forced myself to ACTUALLY rest, and it payed off a lot today. I felt fresh and had a lot of pop in my squats, and ended up having a great workout. I pushed myself to failure a couple time - something that I normally hate and avoid like the plague. But I think today was a great day to push myself to my limits and even past them. Hopefully my body will respond and grow, and I'll have an even better time next week because of it.

Random dude squatting. Lookin good random dude. 

Started with Chaos & Pain squats. Felt great, and my heart was EXPLODING with coffee. Hit the bar for a few sets, then 125, 205, 265 x 2, and then up to 295. The first rep was actually shitty - ,y chest dropped and I got caught forward and had to fight the weight up. But after that, I tried to just imagine that the weight was 125, and keep everything exactly the same as I would with the light reps, and I wrecked it. The reps were for the most part very smooth and clean, and I moved through the workout fast, I would say taking about 2 and a half minutes rest on average. Rested up extra for set ten though and went all out. Got 4 nice reps and just BARELY missed a 5th. That's pretty crazy, considering that I got a hard 4 on monday, and that was fresh. I program rest days for a reason hahaha, can't forget that.



Next, dropped to 165 and switched to front squats. Hit that for an easy 5, then 185 for an easy 3. Crushed 210 for a single, and instead of repping it out just decided to go up. Hit 225 for an easy single, and then 235 for a solid and fast single - not easy, but probably better than any other 235 I have squatted, and this was beltless and after a ton of heavy back squats. Went up to 245 and missed it - just didn't have the strength today, though it wasn't a bad miss. But I re-racked it and tried again, and this time it pinned me. I shouldn't have tried again, but I REALLY thought I might have it today. Still that 235 was great. I'll PR soon, just have to be patient.

Konstantinovs, deadlift master

Next, heavy deads. Ripped 205 for a few singles, then 285 was moving really nice. Went to 325 and moved it very well and fairly fast. Jumped to 345 (I was a little overzealous about deads after watching Jaime pull 670) and unfortunately didn't have it in me today, at least not beltless and with a flat back. So I dropped back to 325, and hit it for 2 more nice singles. My back may have rounded just the slightest bit, but I pushed myself really hard today, so I'm not too bummed. probably next week I'll stay at this weight, try and make it fast and keep the back perfect, and if that goes well then I'll move up to 335.

Finally, ended with a ton of hollow rocks.

So overall, a great day. Don't like failing, but sometimes you have to push to and past your limits, or you'll never improve. Now to rest and heal up. I'm really pumped to bench tomorrow, that should be a blast, and I'm excited to hit this final 3 week cycle before my deload week! hopefully 9 weeks is the magic number, and I'll be able to make it through this final cycle, still making PR's and not feeling like death. Then the week off will recharge me, and I will WRECK shit the final 9 weeks of the semester.

My Future

We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment