Thursday, September 6, 2012

Squat Power

Today was a very good squat day. I was a little rushed because I had to be out of the gym quick, but overall it still went really well.



Started with 10 x 3 squat at 265. warmed up with the bar, 125, then 205, then went straight to 265. This was good - I kind of rushed, and my form wasn't AMAZING (probably related, but I don't want to make excuses). Either way, I made it through, none of the reps were horrible, and I even got 4 reps on the 10th set.

Next, dropped to 145. Hit that for 5 front squats, then 165 x 5, then 185 by 7. Then I jumped up to 205 and hit this for 2 singles - easy, but the second one was a littleeee sloppy, cause I rushed it. Still, I knew I had more, so I went up to 215 and hit that for my third single. I was a little dizzy under the weight, so I can't be sure how good it was, but I couldn't feel my chest drop or much struggle on the way up - so I think it was good.



Finally, dropped it to the ground - pulled 185 x 2 singles, then 265 x 2 singles, then 315 x 1 and finally 325 x 1, both with a flat nice back. 325 was tough, but nice. I decided to call it after only one, just to leave some in the tank. Next week, I'll try and hit 325 for 2 or 3 singles if I feel strong.



Had to skip core stuff today because of the time crunch. Overall it was a great workout though. I'm pumped for tomorrow. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment