Saturday, September 22, 2012

Friday's Press Workout

Good day yesterday. Didn't have time to blog it so I'm doing that now.



Chaos and Pain bench was iffy at first, I had a really tough time getting warm, and even after starting I felt shitty. 10 sets of 1 at 200. I was feeling really uptight and angry. Only around set 7 did I start to feel alright, and after that I fucked the reps up. I just imagined it was 135, and relaxing like that made the reps so much cleaner. Got 3 on set 10, which is awesome, ties monday's rep out.

Strict press was also really good, albeit really weird. Hit 95 x 5, then 120 x 5, 135 x 5, and 150 x 4... hit the first three easily, but then was really dizzy, set the weight down on my chest for a few seconds, then pressed it again from a dead stop, paused at the top, and tried for one last tough and go rep - I got it over my head but then my shoulder gave out. It was a fucked set hahaha, the dizziness is really a bitch. But I've never repped out anything heavier than 145, so getting 4, almost 5, at 150 is pretty great. I'm very happy with that. Dropped back and hit 135 x 7 paused reps, which is sweet, then 120 for 8 or 9 paused reps.



Did my standing anti-bench rows with 120, 3 sets of a ton of reps (23 or so on the first set). I love these. They feel awesome and give me a bicep pump. High reps felt great.

10 x 12 pushups on the minute went really well. Got through 8 full sets without having to break the sets up. I'm thinking I'll keep at it for the next two weeks, then on the final week I will do a set of pushups to failure, see if I've increased my max reps. Then I'll switch to dips or something for the next 9 weeks.

Finally, high rep lat pulldowns, did a shitload of reps in 3 sets with 170. Felt good.

So anyways, a great day. Excited to squat and stuff later, we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment