Saturday, September 15, 2012

The greatness

Today was another great day.



Started with squats. Hit the bar a bunch of times to loosen up. took my stance out a little wider today. I'm going to try and be consistent with this width. It should help me keep my torso a little more upright, and keep me from shooting my butt back. Hit 135 x 10, then 225 x 5 and then 3 to work on the width. then 275 x 2 singles. Then I hit my goal for the day, which was to jump straight to 305 and hit that for a nice solid rep. Finally, went up to 315 and hit it for a hard but very solid single. Might do the 305 jump for another week, and then start working to make the 275 - 315 jump easy again.

Next, strict pressed and destroyed it today. Hit an empty bar for a few, then 135 x 3, 135 x 1, 155 x 1, 165 x 1 which was easy AND a PR, and then attempted and decisively failed 170. That 165 was cake though, which is crazy. If these gains keep going, I'll get that 170 in a few weeks, and maybe even 175 before long. Lets keep it going.


No comments:

Post a Comment