Friday, September 7, 2012

Fun Press Day

Today was fun, and a sick workout.



Started with 10 x 3 bench at 180. Hit the bar for a few sets, then 95 x 10, then 135 for 7 or 8, then straight to 180. Didn't feel amazingly tight at first, but I settled into the groove - the weight was moving really nice, without much trouble. For the first few sets, I tried to make myself take more rest, so that I would explode the weight up. But by the time I finished set 7, I knew I could kill the last three, So I just went hard and fast, doing the last 3 sets in sub-3 minutes - and even then, I still felt like I had a rep in the tank. Really dominated it, felt way better than last week.

Next was strict press. Hit 105 x 5, then 120 x 5, Then psyched up and hit 135 x 8, which is sick. I even tried for a 9th.... didn't happen haha. But 8 is anew pr, and considering the pressing volume I did beforehand, that's pretty sick. Dropped back to 120 for max paused reps, then the same at 105.



Next, did 3 x 12 reps of horizontal pulls with the Lat pulldown, with about 150. These felt awesome.

Next, 10 x 12 pushups on the minute was HARD. Gonna keep at it.

Finally, 3 x 12 Lat pulldown with 180.

So, great workout. Had fun, worked hard. Gettin stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment