Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hard work day

Worked my ass off today.

FUCK I want to grow

Started with 5/3/1 bench. warmed up, then hit 140 and 160 for easy sets of 5. Hit 180, and it was solid but not easy. My form felt a little wobbly. Still, I got 7 nice reps and went for 8, which I just couldn't fight through. That's too bad, I thought I would have 8 today. 7 is still very good though.

Next, dropped back to 160 for sets of paused bench. This continues to be one of my stronger movements, and I love the way it feels. Did an easy 3 x 5 paused reps.

Finally, worked my ass off on the bottom set, hit 140 x 17. I was hoping for a little closer to 20, but still 17 is not bad at all. After a short rest, hit the final 3 reps just to make it an even 20.



Next, strapped myself to the 100 dumbell and kroc rowed it for 40 each side. These fuckin HURT but they explode my back. Gotta work hard to make the food go there.

Next, strict press. Started out feeling shitty. I was tired out by this point. 135 didn't feel great. I hit 155 for a single, which was meh, then another which moved better. Went up to 160 for 2 singles, then 165 for 2 singles, then finally 170 for a single, missed on the second single. Ended up being really awesome. I might have even gotten that second 170, but I rushed it a little. I almost passed out on all of these fucking reps too, but whatever.

Finally, supersetted neutral pullups with dead-stop presses to failure. did 1356 x 6, 8 pullups, then 115 x 10, 6 pullups, and 95 x 10, 4 pullups. My shoulders were on fire and my lats were killing me.

Grow shoulders, grow

Overall, an awesome day. Bench could have gone a little better, but press continues to explode, and I worked hard as fuck on everything today. Tonight, I start new diet. All the carbs better go to my fucking shoulders and back. This could be the start of a new, HUGE era. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment