Friday, November 2, 2012

Violent Squat Day

Vicious squat day today. Worked my ass off. and it went very well.

Started with Chaos and Pain squat. Warmed up with the bar, 125, 205, 265, and then up to 300. It actually went very well today, although it was very difficult. Probably one of the best 15 x 2's I have done, and this was without any music, which was cool. I still need to find that perfect equilibrium between controlling the descent and hitting the bottom fast and hard. A lot of the doubles, the first rep I dropped a little too quick and was soft/got caught at a sticking point, but then the second rep I held off a little longer and the weight moved a lot easier. Overall, there were not too many rough reps, and almost all of the rough reps I just hit a sticking point, I wasn't caught forward or backward. AND, I hit 3 reps on the final set, which was awesome. Form still is working itself out, but overall it was an awesome workout.


Front squats were pretty good. Hit 170 for an easy 3, 190 for an easy 3, and then 215 for a solid 3, third rep was tough but solid. Then I went up to 235, and hit it for a single, missed rep 2, then hit a second and third single. The bar was getting me really dizzy and lightheaded today, which was annoying, but still I'm happy with 235 for 3 singles considering the volume of heavy squats I had just done.

Next, heavy deads were pretty good. crushed 205 x 3 singles, 285 x 2 singles was a little tough. Went straight to 345, and hit it for a single that was surprisingly good! Hard, not very fast, but my back actually felt quite flat, which was solid. Tried another single afterwards, broke it from the floor but I was fighting to keep my back flat, and my legs just were too tired to get it up. Still, a nice flat back single at that weight is acceptable.


Finally, 3 x 10 HLR's and a big set of back extensions.

Overall, awesome workout. I'm exhausted, but very happy to be through this very tough workout and very happy with my performance. Lets keep at it, tomorrow should be lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment